Welcome to Jedediah Hawkins Inn
Surrounded by 22 acres of fragrant gardens and farmland, Jedediah Hawkins Inn is a relaxing North Fork wine country destination, celebrated for its history, genuine hospitality, good food and good wine. Here you will want to stroll the gardens, enjoy a glass of wine in the gazebo or find a quiet spot to cozy up with a book.
Captain Jedediah Hawkins built his home in 1863 in the popular Italianate style, complete with ornate architectural features and a belvedere. It was one of the finest residences on the North Fork. After having fallen into disrepair and becoming “haunted”, the house was saved from the wrecker’s ball and meticulously restored. The Inn, a cozy blend of traditional and contemporary design, reopened with a Decorator Show House. The New York State Historic Preservation Award confirms JHI’s investment in the community’s heritage and rejuvenation.
Today, one hundred and fifty years since Jedediah built his house, we look forward to welcoming you to this landmark, luxury property and to creating an authentic North Fork experience.
Our Inn Features
- A spectacular suite and 5 gracious guest rooms with gas fireplaces and private bathrooms
- Easy access from NYC and airports by car or the Hampton Jitney
- Close to the vineyards, beaches, the Hamptons, the Great Peconic Bay
- Acclaimed Restaurant, speakeasy and patio dining
- Speakeasy with casual menu
- Barn, Gazebo, original outbuildings
- Exhibits of North Fork artists
- 2008 New York State Historic Preservation Award
- 2012 and 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence