Surrounded by 22 acres of fragrant gardens and farmland, Jedediah Hawkins Inn is a luxurious boutique hotel on the North Fork of Long Island, celebrated for its history, genuine hospitality and delicious food and wine. Here you will want to stroll the gardens, savor a glass of local wine in the gazebo and explore the neighboring vineyards, farms and beaches of the North Fork. The beautiful property and historic buildings are a spectacular stage for a wedding or special event.
Captain Jedediah Hawkins built his home in 1863 in the popular Italianate style, complete with ornate architectural features and a belvedere. It was one of the finest residences on the North Fork. After having fallen into disrepair and becoming “haunted”, the house was saved from the wrecker’s ball and meticulously restored. Jedediah Hawkins Inn, a cozy blend of traditional and contemporary design, reopened with a Decorator Show House. Our receipt of the New York State Historic Preservation Award confirms our investment in the community’s heritage and rejuvenation.
Today, one hundred and fifty two years since Jedediah built his house, we look forward to welcoming you to this historic hotel with luxurious accommodations, an acclaimed restaurant and to offering an authentic North Fork experience.
Our Hotel Features
- A spectacular suite and 5 gracious guest rooms with gas fireplaces and private bathrooms
- Easy access from NYC and airports by car or the Hampton Jitney
- Close to the vineyards, beaches, the Hamptons, the Great Peconic Bay
- The perfect venue and team to host your North Fork wine country wedding or other event
- Acclaimed Restaurant, Solarium and Patio
- An inviting Speakeasy with casual menu
- Lush gardens, Barn, Gazebo, original outbuildings, bocce court
- Art exhibits featuring local North Fork artists in our Barn Gallery
- A Tesla destination charger
- 2008 New York State Historic Preservation Award
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence, Hall of Fame
- 2015 Luxury Travel Guide Global Award Winner
- 2016 Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Hotel